Frequently Asked Questions
Where can Good News Club®s be held?
Anywhere children are, including: in schools, online, at apartment complexes or mobile home parks, in homes, yards, churches, daycares, etc. Children are everywhere! They have a right to be introduced to Jesus!
What do we do in a Good News Club®?
Teach children about Jesus in fun methods on their age level.
- Sing meaningful songs;
- Learn lessons from the Bible with application to their lives;
- Learn about missionaries;
- Memorize relevant Scripture in a fun way that makes it easy to memorize the verse;
- Play a review game to help cement together all the concepts learned in that day’s club; and more!
What kinds of people serve in the Good News Club®?
Christians of all ages and backgrounds; teens through senior citizens and all ages in between including:
- College students, teachers, teen homeschoolers
- First responders and medical people
- Stay at home parents
- Military – active or retired
- High school graduates, college graduates, tech school graduates and those who haven’t graduated at all
- People who love Jesus!
- People who have known Jesus for a very long time and people who have known Jesus for a very short time.
What kinds of volunteer positions are available in a Good News Club®?
- Leaders – people who have leadership skills and who are willing to be trained to lead their team
- Tech-Type People – people who know their way around computers and are willing to be trained to handle all the technology, both inside and outside of club
- Admin-Type People – people who are organized and like handling paperwork, making name tags, making sure the right people are at club and that the children are released only to the people they are allowed to leave with
- Teachers – people who like to teach the Bible lesson, the memory verse or tell the missionary story
- Gamers – people who like to lead games (disclaimer: all our games have a point, i.e. review, memory verse, etc.)
- Singers – people who are willing to ‘make a joyful noise’ in leading the music
- Helpers – people who want to assist in any of the above!
How often do Good News Club®s meet and for how long?
- Clubs typically meet for 1 1/2 hours, one day per week, but we tailor the clubs to the setting.
Other questions we’ve not addressed here? Contact us. We’re always ready to brainstorm
and pray with you.
and pray with you.