Serve on the Committee
Each CEF® chapter has a team of business and/or ministry-minded Christians (typically 12-17) that volunteer at least 15 hours a month.
- Pray for the chapter, the staff and the overall ministry and help encourage others to pray as well;
- Give accountability, oversight and direction to the overall work of the chapter;
- Actively help share the ministry with others;
- Help gather the needed resources (people, finances and other ministry needs);
- Brainstorm problem areas and more.
In addition, the Committee meets one evening each month to pray and plan. Perhaps God might use your business and/or ministry expertise in this indispensable and much needed area.
In order to have a successful summer ministry, our CYIA™ers will need some help:
- Chaperones/drivers: Many of our CYIA™ers are not driving yet or don’t have a vehicle of their own. Adult volunteers are needed who can help transport and oversee one or more 5-Day Clubs. The CYIA™ers are well trained and do all of the teaching, but adult supervision is always wise. 5-Day Clubs are typically held in June and July.
- Help at the CYIA™ camp (typically held the first week of June): Adults are needed to help in the kitchen, help with crowd control, games and more. If you can help for one day or for the entire week, let us know.
- Coordinate CYIA™ers and/or 5-Day Clubs at your church: Ideally, each church we serve with has a 5-Day Club coordinator who can help encourage young people to be part of the CYIA™ program and encourage adults to help provide 5-Day Club locations. This person would be the liaison with the CEF® office and would help advertise the program within the church.
- Coordinate a 5DC at your church: CEF® would provide a team of CYIA™ers to come do all the teaching each day of your 5-Day Club. Your church would invite the children, provide snacks, plan games, crafts, decorations or whatever else you wanted to include. This 5-Day Club could take the place of your VBS or be in addition to your VBS; and it could take place at your church or at another location.
- Host a 5-Day Club in your home or other location that you are connected to.
Join a Prayer Team
Emails are sent out several times a month to this prayer team with prayer needs concerning clubs, battles we are currently fighting, doors that need to be opened and the needs of the chapter as a whole.